Level 4 Criminal Law (General Principles of Law)
Distance Learning Course Fee: £400 (Incl. VAT) or pay a deposit of £150 and two instalments of £125.
Course fees include ALL course material, assignment and test marking, full tutorial support, one-year NALP student membership and certificates on completion.
- The Nature of Criminal Law: including the nature of a crime
- distinction between crimes and Tor
- burden of proof
- Classification of Offences: including summary, indictable, hybrid and arrestable offences
- Elements of a Crime: including Actus Reus, Mens Rea and Strict Liability; basic intent and specific intent, express intent and implied intent
- General Defences including Automatism, mistake, insanity, duress and intoxication
- Homicide: including causation in law and causation in fact
- Murder: including its definition, malice aforethought express and implied
- Manslaughter: including voluntary manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter, recklessness, special defences to murder - diminished responsibility, provocation, suicide pact and infanticide
- Theft Robbery, Burglary, and Fraud
- Understand those rules of law which provide for the punishment of those who breach such laws
- Be aware of which laws fall within this category
- Understand how such breaches are punished
Enrol Here or call us on 0845 862 7000
One of the following is required:
Two A Levels; A Level Law; BTEC National Diploma (NVQ/GNVQ Level 3 or above);
CILEX Level 3 Qualifications; ILSPAs Legal Secretary Diploma;
Mature Students Welcome
Non UK: Equivalent Qualifications
A good command of written and spoken English is required.
e.g. ESOL Level 2, GCSE English.