Practical Skills Course
Distance Learning Course from AH Paralegal Training
About the Course
A four part Distance Learning Paralegal Skills course, with Study Notes, Video uploads and Material provided.
Course content includes; the duties involved in attending court on Civil and Criminal Matters, District Judges Applications in Chambers and Attending an Employment Tribunal.
This course is offered through AH Paralegal Training and is not a NALP Ofqual accredited course.
Four course parts and an optional field trip to the Royal Courts of Justice*
Covers: civil court procedures and the duties, skills and principles required to carry out solicitors' instructions.
Covers: how to analyse a case file and extract relevant information in order to prepare and present an application before a District Judge in chambers.
Covers: how to take notes in court during trials or hearings, the duties involved in assisting barristers during criminal trials and how to take statements from witnesses.
Covers: Attending an Employment Tribunal including looking at a specific case study and the differences between attending court and a Tribunal
* for an extra fee of £12
- It provides practical training to give you an insight into the legal profession and the nature of the work you may be called upon to perform.
- The course is designed to promote confidence to enhance your chance of finding work and provides employers with Paralegals they can feel confident about employing.
- It gives you an understanding of not only HOW to perform certain tasks but also WHY you are performing them.
- It gives you greater skills and options if you are seeking work or a career change and could enhance your chance of promotion.
£250 - You'll have one year to complete the course.
• All study materials
• Certificate on passing
• Guide to finding freelance work on passing
• On passing, you'll be eligible for an Affiliate Membership of NALP for £82 per year on completion
A certificate will be awarded on successfully completing the Course Review Test which contains 25 questions, all relating to the content of the course and the answers to which can be found in your Study Notes and/or your Online Tutorials.
The pass mark is 70%.
On successfully passing the Course Review Test you will also receive a 'Guide to Finding Work as a Freelance Paralegal'
AH Paralegal Skills Certificate, accredited by NALP - National Association of Licensed Paralegals.
12 hours CPD - Continuing Professional Development accredited course. CPD shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism
This course is open to School Leavers, Legal Support Staff, Undergraduates, Graduates, Foreign Qualified Lawyers and Career Changers.
Students are expected to have good Spoken English, comprehension and writing skills. There is a good amount of writing expected on this course e.g. ESOL Level 2, GCSE English.
This course is run by AH Paralegal Training. This is not an Ofqal Course by NALP