If you're thinking a career as a Paralegal is limited to working within Law Firms, however training as a paralegal opens up fantastic opportunities to work within a wide range of industries.
We are always on the look out for exciting paralegal jobs to share, this one is a great chance to work in Television!
Paralegal Position at Discovery Inc
Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year and has category leadership across deeply loved content genres around the world.
Discovery Inc are looking for a paralegal to support the legal team, assisting with advertising sales/barter agreements, sponsorship agreements, competitions, standard distribution agreements and other commercial documents, primarily to support the UK/Ireland and ANZ business.
- Assist with preparation and review of standard distribution agreements and other commercial agreements.
- Drafting amendments, breach letters, audit notifications and termination notices.
- Liaise with distribution operations team plus affiliate sales teams in local offices to advise on legal issues and assist with contract compliance.
- Work with marketing and compliance teams on competitions terms and conditions.
- Conduct legal research for other members of the team.
- Provide back up support for wider EMEA legal team (capacity permitting).
- Strong academics – Equivalent to Law LLB or GDL required (LPC or BPTC an advantage).
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work effectively within the legal team as well as with key stakeholders across the wider business.
- Clear and concise communicator (both orally and written) with an ability to translate legal issues to commercial teams.
- Well organised and with good time management skills.
Not sure you've got all the required skills yet? Check out our Paralegal Qualifications to gain valuable skills to improve your employability.
Read the full job description and apply here
Please note applications and enquiries regarding the job must be directed to the recruiter, NALP is not involved within the hiring process.
Posted 12:26 PM | Permalink